History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Public Library

A Grade II Listed Building in Evesham, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0921 / 52°5'31"N

Longitude: -1.9469 / 1°56'48"W

OS Eastings: 403732

OS Northings: 243756

OS Grid: SP037437

Mapcode National: GBR 3LB.SQ2

Mapcode Global: VHB0T.6PL0

Entry Name: Public Library

Listing Date: 7 May 1952

Last Amended: 24 June 1977

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1156593

English Heritage Legacy ID: 147465

Location: Evesham, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Evesham

Built-Up Area: Evesham

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Evesham All Saints with St Lawrence

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Bengeworth

Listing Text

MARKET PLACE
1.
5249
(East Side)
Public Library
SP 0343 NE 1/224
II GV
2.
1908-9. Architect: G.H.Hunt of Evesham. Classical. Red brick with stone dressings;
2 storeys; 5 casement windows in moulded stone architraves with keyblocks and pediments,
the 2 outer windows at either side having balustrades. The ground storey has semi-
circular headed windows with keyblocks and central doorway with rectangular fanlight,
multi-panelled divided door and stone Roman Doric portico surmounted by balustrade
and urns; string-course; stone modillion bracket eaves cornice; brick parapet.

The Public Library, Nos 6 and 6A, Nos 7 and 8 and Walker Hall form a group with
Abbot Reginald's Gateway and The Old Vicarage Church of St Lawrence, Church of
All Saints, The Bell Tower, Abbot Reginald's Wall and the Porter's Lodge, Remains of
west wall of the North Transept of Abbey, Archway to south of the Remains of
west wall of the North Transept of Abbey, Market Place and Nos 53 and 54 incorporating
Remains of Abbey Gate, Gate and railings of No 53, Remains of Abbey Stables, The
Almonry and The Stocks, Merstow Green.


Listing NGR: SP0373243756

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.