History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Village Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Winson, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.778 / 51°46'40"N

Longitude: -1.8702 / 1°52'12"W

OS Eastings: 409052

OS Northings: 208818

OS Grid: SP090088

Mapcode National: GBR 3Q9.G0K

Mapcode Global: VHB2D.JKNW

Entry Name: Village Farmhouse

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1156922

English Heritage Legacy ID: 127512

Location: Winson, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Winson

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Chedworth

Listing Text

WINSON WINSON VILLAGE
SP 0808-0908
9/264 Village Farmhouse
23.1.52
GV II
Detached farmhouse. Dated 'ARM 1696' for Richard Matthews;
extensively rebuilt in late C18; c1820 alterations. Coursed and
squared rubble limestone; ashlar and rubble chimneys; stone slate
roof. Two-storey with attic; L-plan with lower 2-storey part and
single-storey outbuildings at east end. Front: 3-window
fenestration, tripartite sashes with glazing bars to ground floor,
12-pane sashes to upper floor. Central moulded Tudor arched
doorway with floating cornice is late C17, re-set in late C18
alterations; datestone re-set above. Continuous moulded drip
courses above windows. Part running to right has small-pane
casements with timber lintels. West end: parapet gabled end to
front range with 2 ovolo moulded cross windows per floor, attic 2-
light with continuous hoodmould in gable. Wing continuing to left
is mostly random rubble with 2-light chamfered mullioned casement
and blocked single-light, possibly part of the 1696 house. Rear:
wing to right has parapet gable with chimney having moulded cap.
Restored cross windows below. Interior: most features date from
c1780 rebuilding.


Listing NGR: SP0905208818

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.