This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2325 / 53°13'56"N
Longitude: -1.0295 / 1°1'46"W
OS Eastings: 464877
OS Northings: 371044
OS Grid: SK648710
Mapcode National: GBR 9FR.BKB
Mapcode Global: WHFGT.500Q
Entry Name: Home Farmhouse, Boundary Wall and Adjacent Outbuilding
Listing Date: 20 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1157000
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242223
Location: Perlethorpe cum Budby, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Perlethorpe cum Budby
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Perlethorpe
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
PERLETHORPE CHURCH LANE
SK 67 SW CUM BUDBY
1/80 Home Farmhouse,
boundary wall and
Estate farmhouse. Early C19. Brick, rendered and colourwashed,
with hipped slate roof. Deep rebated eaves. 2 ridge stacks. 2
storeys, 3 bays, plus single bay service wing to right. L-plan.
Windows are mostly Gothick casements. South front has central
hipped porch with 3 round headed openings. Flanked by single
casements. Above, 3 casements. Setback service wing, to right,
has 3 sashes of different sizes. Above, a cross eaves gabled
dormer with a cross casement. Return angle to east has a
casement on each floor. West side has to left, large C20 plastic
glazed porch. To its right, a casement. Above, to right, a
casement. Rear elevation has to left, covered way under pentice
roof and gabled porch with turned posts. To right, 3 Gothick
casements. Above, to left, round opening and mullioned casement.
To right, 3 Gothick casements. Outside, adjoining curved ashlar
dwarf wall carrying iron railing. 2 pairs of fluted iron
gatepiers with ball finials. Scroll-top iron gates. Adjoining
farm building to east, late C19, brick with pantile roof and
single ridge stack, has to south a round opening. Adjoining
stable range, to north, late C19, single storey, 15 bays, has to
east, to left, a casement. To its right, gabled carriage entry
with elliptical head, billeted transom and bargeboards. West
side has stable doors and casements, mostly with segmental heads.
This building is in the same style as those in the Estate Village
of Budby laid out by Earl Manvers in 1807-1812.
Listing NGR: SK6487771044
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings