This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1766 / 53°10'35"N
Longitude: -1.0427 / 1°2'33"W
OS Eastings: 464083
OS Northings: 364819
OS Grid: SK640648
Mapcode National: GBR 9GB.TFB
Mapcode Global: WHFGZ.YFN2
Entry Name: West Lodge at Rufford Abbey
Listing Date: 11 August 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1157111
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241922
Location: Rufford, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Rufford
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Wellow
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
RUFFORD OLD RUFFORD ROAD
SK 66 SW
6/74 West Lodge at
11.8.61 Rufford Abbey
Lodge. 1841. Jacobean Revival style. Probably byA. Salvin.
Ashlar with Westmorland slate roof. Ashlar dressings. Chamfered
plinth and eaves, coped gables with kneelers, rainwater heads
with strapwork decoration, grouped corniced central stack.
Single storey plus garrets, 3 bays. Cruciform plan. Windows are
cross and mullioned leaded casements. East front has central
projecting bay with canted bay window with moulded cornice and
strapwork crest with ball finials, and 3 casements. Flanked by
single casements with hood moulds. Above, a single casement.
Return angle has to south weatherstripped door in moulded
surround with four centred arched head and hood mould. South
gable has cross casement and above, datestone with chamfered
surround, inscribed '1841'. North gable identical. Rear
elevation has door in return angle to south and a single casement
on each floor.
Listing NGR: SK6408364819
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings