History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Castle View and Adjoining Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Perlethorpe cum Budby, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2224 / 53°13'20"N

Longitude: -1.0758 / 1°4'32"W

OS Eastings: 461803

OS Northings: 369886

OS Grid: SK618698

Mapcode National: GBR 9FP.YNJ

Mapcode Global: WHFGS.F8YF

Entry Name: Castle View and Adjoining Cottage

Listing Date: 11 August 1961

Last Amended: 20 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1157145

English Heritage Legacy ID: 242250

Location: Perlethorpe cum Budby, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: Perlethorpe cum Budby

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Edwinstowe

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Ollerton

Listing Text

PERLETHORPE MAIN STREET
SK 66 NW
CUM BUDBY (formerly Carburton
Road) (west side)
3/108
Castle View and
adjoining cottage
(Formerly listed as
pair of cottages on
entering village)
11.8.61
G.V.
II

Pair of estate cottages. c.1807. Brick, rendered, with hipped
slate roof. Stone plinth. First floor band. Deep eaves. 2
grouped ridge stacks. 2 storeys, 4 bays. Square plan. Windows
are mostly Gothick casements. East front has to left, blank
window and 2 casements. To right, gabled slated porch with
square flanking columns, dentillated pediment and oval headed
door. Above, 4 casements. South end has blank opening and to
right, similar porch to east front. Above, to left, blank
opening and to right, a casement. North end has, above, to
right, a casement. Rear has on each side a gabled timber porch,
each flanked to right by a casement. Above, 2 Gothick casements
flanked by single C20 casements. This building is part of the
complete Estate Village laid out by Earl Manvers of Thoresby Park
1807-1812.


Listing NGR: SK6180369886

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.