This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0757 / 52°4'32"N
Longitude: -2.1794 / 2°10'45"W
OS Eastings: 387803
OS Northings: 241936
OS Grid: SO878419
Mapcode National: GBR 1HK.V46
Mapcode Global: VH93F.53Q4
Entry Name: Baughton Court
Listing Date: 11 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1157153
English Heritage Legacy ID: 152568
Location: Hill Croome, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR8
District: Malvern Hills
Civil Parish: Hill Croome
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Earl's Croome with Hill Croome and Strensham
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 84 SE HILL CROOME BAUGHTON
3/58 Baughton Court
House C15 to C17 timber frame and painted brick. L plan with extensions.
2 storey and attics, plain tile roofs. South range with East end wall outside
stack, West end cross-wing with 2 side wall stacks, one with massive stone base
and 3 star shaped brick stacks, the other a large, single square shaft. Gable
ended to East and to South and North ends of cross-wing. Exposed timbers.
Main range close-studded with dormer gable, one window and 6 panel door. 2
window range to South gable end of cross-wing with one attic window above.
Modern casements. North end of cross-wing. C17 square framing evidence of
later extension and blocked 2-light lst floor window. Small addition to West
and of main mange, single storey, timber framed with West gable and small South gable.
One window range. Inside: chamfered beams to ground floor East side and 1st
floor room above, with small moulded plaster ornament to 1st floor ceiling,
flower vases in corners and winged cherub head in centre. Chamfered and stopped
beams to cross wing and supposed priest's hole on 1st floor West side. Painted
date of 1520 in cross-wing South gable, but recorded as 1540 in 1913 (V.C.H)
and 1632 in 1898 (N.M.R).
Listing NGR: SO8780341936
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings