History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Coddington, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0806 / 53°4'50"N

Longitude: -0.7534 / 0°45'12"W

OS Eastings: 483598

OS Northings: 354440

OS Grid: SK835544

Mapcode National: GBR CLJ.VQF

Mapcode Global: WHFHJ.DTGP

Entry Name: Old Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 25 February 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1157268

English Heritage Legacy ID: 242654

Location: Coddington, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG24

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: Coddington

Built-Up Area: Coddington

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Newark-upon-Trent with Coddington

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Newark upon Trent

Listing Text

SK 85 SW CODDINGTON MAIN STREET
(east side)

3/19 Old Manor Farmhouse

25-2-52
GV II

Farmhouse. Dated 1713. Red brick with a rendered coursed rubble plinth.
Pantile roof with brick coped gables and kneelers, with single gable and
single ridge stacks. 2 storeys with garret, L-Plan with baffle entrance,
5 bays with 1st floor band. There is a central projecting coped, gabled,
single storey porch with a segmental arch over the entrance. The interior
door is panelled with a plain surround. On either side of the porch are
2 transom and mullion wooden casement windows with glazing bars and segmental
arches over. Above the porch is an ashlar plaque with inscription 'This
house built by ........ ell .... 1713', flanked by 2 windows with similar
casements. The porch has 4 S shaped tie plates, with a further tie plate
between let and ground floor to the west. The 2 storey single bay rear
wing, with stair window, has similar casements as the north front. To the
east is a later red brick and pantile single storey with garret extension,
having single stack. Interior has 2 inglenook fireplaces, one lying
behind the central doorway, the other, in the room to the east, has an oven.


Listing NGR: SK8359854440

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.