History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Baptist Chapel

A Grade II Listed Building in Redditch, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2579 / 52°15'28"N

Longitude: -1.9402 / 1°56'24"W

OS Eastings: 404180

OS Northings: 262198

OS Grid: SP041621

Mapcode National: GBR 3JD.G8X

Mapcode Global: VHB01.BH5X

Entry Name: Baptist Chapel

Listing Date: 10 April 1954

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1157430

English Heritage Legacy ID: 156502

Location: Redditch, Worcestershire, B96

County: Worcestershire

District: Redditch

Town: Redditch

Electoral Ward/Division: Astwood Bank and Feckenham

Built-Up Area: Redditch

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Astwood Bank St Matthias and St George

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Astwood Bank

Listing Text

REDDITCH B CHAPEL ROAD (north side)
SP 06 SW Astwood Bank

4/26 Baptist Chapel

10.4.54

- II


Baptist chapel. Dated 1822. Red brick, slate roof with decorative ridge
tiles. Rectangular plan. Two storeys and attic. South end entrance
elevation: three bays; windows have stepped voussoirs; three first floor
4-pane sashes; left ground floor window is blind and right ground floor
window has a C20 casement; central entrance has a wide square-headed arch-
way with moulded cornice, entablature and pilastered surround with panelled
reveals and opening into a small vestibule; the vestibule has a 4-pane sash
window with a moulded architrave facing the entrance arch and a 6-panelled
door either side, each having a transom light with two glazing bars. There
is a band at eaves level forming a pedimented gable with urn finials at
both lower corners and containing a lunette with moulded architrave on
which is written "ERECTED 1822". Side elevations of five bays; windows
have cambered heads and are of three lights. Interior not inspected.


Listing NGR: SP0418062198

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.