This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3573 / 54°21'26"N
Longitude: -1.6685 / 1°40'6"W
OS Eastings: 421642
OS Northings: 495805
OS Grid: SE216958
Mapcode National: GBR JLS1.KS
Mapcode Global: WHC6M.BQQZ
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 4 February 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1157457
English Heritage Legacy ID: 322392
Location: Tunstall, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL10
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Tunstall
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Catterick St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
TUNSTALL VILLAGE STREET
SE 29 NW
4/79 Church of Holy Trinity
Church. 1847. By J B and W Atkinson. Coursed rubble, Welsh slate roof. Early
English-style. 5-bay nave with west bellcote, 2-bay chancel with north vestry.
Ashlar plinth, pilaster buttressess dividing bays and end buttresses. Chamfered
lancet windows. Ashlar kneelers and copings. Bellcote and gable cross. West end:
central doorway of 2 shafted orders, flanked by lancets with labels. Above, oculus
with quadrilobate tracery. Blind vesica on corbelled buttressing to bellcote, which
has been infilled. North vestry: shouldered doorway; 2-light shouldered window,
above which the bell projects on frame. East end: corner buttresses; stepped triple
lancets with label. Vesica window in east nave wall above chancel. Interior:
Early English-style chancel arch. Arch-braced roof trusses with king-post resting
on collar. Commandments, Lord's Prayer and Creed boards at west end. 2 cast-iron
lamp brackets in nave.
Listing NGR: SE2164295805
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.