This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0448 / 54°2'41"N
Longitude: -2.1639 / 2°9'50"W
OS Eastings: 389364
OS Northings: 460990
OS Grid: SD893609
Mapcode National: GBR FPBN.9T
Mapcode Global: WHB6S.QLRK
Entry Name: Vicarage
Listing Date: 20 February 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1157817
English Heritage Legacy ID: 324228
Location: Kirkby Malham, Craven, North Yorkshire, BD23
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Kirkby Malham
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Kirkby-in-Malhamdale St Michael the Archangel
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SD 86 SE
Vicarage. Dated 1622, restored 1866. Squared coursed rubble, ashlar facing to
porch, stone dressings, stone slate roof. Three storeys, 6 bays. All C17 windows
are double chamfered with cavetto mullions on stools and all C19 windows have ogee
mullions on stools unless otherwise stated. Three-storey porch in second bay:
entrance has cavetto moulded surround, some C17 stones and an 1866 head and hood-
mould. 1622 datestone above with illegible lettering. First floor: Cl7 four-light
window and dripmould above. C17 three-light window in gable, central light stepped.
Terracotta finial to ridge. Right-hand return of porch: C19 two-light window in
ground floor with hoodmould; Cl7 two-light window on first floor and small single-
light with cavetto jambs above. To right of porch: two C19 ground floor windows,
left-hand has 6 lights, right-hand has 5 lights; both have transoms and hoodmoulds.
Four C17 windows on first floor all with 3 lights with a dripmould above which drops
like a continuous hoodmould between the second and third bays only. On the second
floor are 4 unevenly spaced C17 two-light windows. Bay to left of porch is 1866.
Rear contains three C17 windows: a 2-light and 3-light on the ground floor and a
2-light on the upper floor. Interior was completely renewed in 1866. The second
floor was removed, so the upper 2 rows of windows are now part of the first floor.
Listing NGR: SD8936560993
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings