This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.5981 / 50°35'53"N
Longitude: -4.7857 / 4°47'8"W
OS Eastings: 202947
OS Northings: 81305
OS Grid: SX029813
Mapcode National: GBR N0.CLHV
Mapcode Global: FRA 07VH.CC7
Entry Name: Lower Hendra Farmhouse
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1158353
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68586
Location: St. Teath, Cornwall, PL30
Civil Parish: St. Teath
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Teath
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 08 SW Lower Hendra Farmhouse
Farmhouse. C18 (sundial dated 1751), extended in C20. Local slate rubble with
granite quoins and window and doorway dressings. Slate hipped roof with black
glazed ridge tiles. Dressed granite side stacks, the right hand stack is rendered.
Plan: Double depth rectangular plan with 2 principal front rooms and a central
entrance. The back rooms are probably shallower service rooms. In the C20 a
shallow 2-storey extension was built at the back to the right.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3-window south front. All the windows and the
doorway have dressed granite flat arches with keystones and the windows have slate
sills. The 3 first floor windows are circa early C20 4-pane sashes, the 2 ground
floor windows are late C20 casements and the central doorway has a late C20 boarded
door. Slate sundial on front wall to right of doorway is dated 1751 and has
initials C.W. and coat of arms, Roman numerals and angels in the corner.
At the back there is a C20 2-storey flat-roof extension with rendered walls.
Interior not accessible.
Listing NGR: SX0294781305
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings