History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former Water Tower to Shipley Hall South of Home Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Shipley, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9936 / 52°59'37"N

Longitude: -1.3509 / 1°21'3"W

OS Eastings: 443664

OS Northings: 344231

OS Grid: SK436442

Mapcode National: GBR 7FL.79G

Mapcode Global: WHDGP.60YT

Entry Name: Former Water Tower to Shipley Hall South of Home Farm

Listing Date: 20 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1158422

English Heritage Legacy ID: 78823

Location: Shipley, Amber Valley, Derbyshire, DE75

County: Derbyshire

District: Amber Valley

Civil Parish: Shipley

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Cotmanhay and Shipley Christ Church

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Eastwood

Listing Text

PARISH OF SHIPLEY SHIPLEY PARK ROAD
SK 44 SW
5/45 (East Side)
Former Water Tower
to Shipley Hall,
south of Home Farm

GV II

Water tower, now cafe and display area. 1892, extended and
converted c1920. Built for the Miller-Mundys of Shipley Hall.
Rock-faced stone with ashlar quoins, dressings, copings to plinth
and moulded band near eaves level, also moulded cornice. Addition
in red brick with brown brick sawtooth bands between storeys and
with conical wooden roof. Four storey octagonal water tower and
five storey brick tower to south-west side, linked by glazed
timber screens. East facade of water tower has a stepped 3-light
mullion window with semi-circular headed lights to first floor
and a 2-light mullion window over, also with semi-circular headed
lights. Above again, there is a stone plaque with the crest of
the Miller-Mundys and 'EMM 1892", carved in relief. North elevation
has a raised doorcase. Other elevations are blank except south-
west elevation which has new openings through to the brick tower
which has a concrete spiral staircase and narrow windows to north
side.


Listing NGR: SK4366444231

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.