History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Grendon Underwood, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8838 / 51°53'1"N

Longitude: -1.0174 / 1°1'2"W

OS Eastings: 467731

OS Northings: 221035

OS Grid: SP677210

Mapcode National: GBR 9Z1.TWK

Mapcode Global: VHDTN.BX08

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 25 October 1951

Last Amended: 26 February 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1158489

English Heritage Legacy ID: 42457

Location: Grendon Underwood, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP18

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

Civil Parish: Grendon Underwood

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Grendon Underwood

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Middle Claydon

Listing Text

SP 62 SE GRENDON UNDERWOOD EDGCOTT ROAD

1/76 The Old Rectory (formerly
listed as The Rectory)
25.10.51

GV II


House. 1762. Brown and vitreous brick with red brick quoins and
window surrounds. Brick plinth, moulded wooden eaves' cornice with
modillions. Hipped old tile roof. 2 storeys, basement and attic,
5 bays. Ground floor has 2 Venetian windows with architrave arches
and cornices on Doric pilasters. First floor has 3-pane sashes with gauged
brick heads. 3 hipped dormers with old leaded cross casements and
moulded wooden cornices. 2 segmental arches in plinth, the right with
2-light window to basement. Centre has 5 stone steps leading to
6-panelled door with semi-circular radiating fanlight in architrave arch
and open pediment on Doric pilasters. Later C18 red brick wing to rear
of left bays has similar wooden eaves' cornice. C19 additions to right
at rear. Left side has C19-C20 canted bay windows.


Listing NGR: SP6773121035

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.