This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.5922 / 50°35'32"N
Longitude: -4.7356 / 4°44'8"W
OS Eastings: 206472
OS Northings: 80517
OS Grid: SX064805
Mapcode National: GBR N2.D1D8
Mapcode Global: FRA 07ZH.LY5
Entry Name: Church House
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1158761
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68641
Location: St. Teath, Cornwall, PL30
Civil Parish: St. Teath
Built-Up Area: St Teath
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Teath
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 0680 -0780
(Formerly listed as Bakers Park)
House. Circa mid C18, extended to rear in 1842 (datestone). Extension built for John Male. Stone rubble and cob, painted on front range to north. Stone rubble to rear. Rag slate roof with gable ends and gable end to higher rear wing. Stone rubble end stack on right and on front slope to left. Brick end stack on rear.
Plan: original plan uncertain. Possibly of double depth plan with rear elevation on north to road. Probably with central through passage and 2 reception rooms to south, heated by end stacks. 2 smaller service rooms to rear (north) the right hand room heated. In circa 1842 the house was extended with a 2 room range to the front right on the south east and possibly contemporary with this the house was re-orientated so that the front elevation faced north, onto the road. Small outbuilding on right hand (west) gable end.
Exterior : 2 storeys. Asymmetrical 2 window front with early C19 16-pane hornless sash on left, stable-type door and 1-light casement to right. 2 sashes above. Rear wing with datestone to rear right. Outbuilding on right hand gable end has possibly C17 granite arch in 2 pieces, incorporated in masonry of side wall. 3 slate boxes above entrance to outbuilding to rear, possibly bee-boles or hen boxes.
Interior not inspected.
Particularly unspoilt house with fine quality pointing in C19 range to rear.
Listing NGR: SX0647280517
Other nearby listed buildings