History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Anne

A Grade II Listed Building in Deviock, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.3928 / 50°23'34"N

Longitude: -4.3821 / 4°22'55"W

OS Eastings: 230780

OS Northings: 57484

OS Grid: SX307574

Mapcode National: GBR NK.SN6V

Mapcode Global: FRA 18Q0.6NM

Entry Name: Church of St Anne

Listing Date: 9 October 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1158902

English Heritage Legacy ID: 62103

Location: Deviock, Cornwall, PL11

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Deviock

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: St Germans Group Parish

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Looe

Listing Text

ST GERMANS HESSENFORD
SX 35 NW
4/107 Church of St Anne

II

Parish church. 1832, rebuilt 1871 to designs by J. P. St Aubyn. Slatestone rubble
with limestone dressings. Slate roof with crested ridge tiles.
Plan: Nave with south porch, chancel with north vestry, used as organ chamber.
Gothic style.
4-bay nave with weathered buttresses, and paired pointed arched lancets. Slate-hung
west spire with louvred openings and cockerel weathervane. West end of nave has tall
triple lancet, with single lancet to right and left.
Gabled south porch with buttresses, 4-centred arched doorway with jamb shafts and
hood mould, double doors. Single light each side of porch. Raised coped verges and
cross finial.
2-bay chancel has 2 lancets and cill string course; east end has triple lancet with
central light taller, cill string continued; cross finial.
Interior: Nave has 4-bay arcade to north and south, plain circular piers with 4-
centred arches. Corbelled 4-centred arch to chancel, which has south sedilia with
trefoil heads. All windows have rere-arches. Nave and chancel have common rafter
roof. Aisles have one row of purlins and windbraces.
Fittings: all contemporary, benches in nave and stone pulpit of 1902. Circular
limestone font in nave.
Sources: Radcliffe, E.: Buildings of England: Cornwall 1970.


Listing NGR: SX3078057484

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.