This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.8656 / 54°51'56"N
Longitude: -1.5237 / 1°31'25"W
OS Eastings: 430669
OS Northings: 552417
OS Grid: NZ306524
Mapcode National: GBR KDS5.XL
Mapcode Global: WHC45.KYNV
Entry Name: Bowes House Cottages
Listing Date: 23 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1158911
English Heritage Legacy ID: 109366
Location: Bournmoor, County Durham, DH3
County: County Durham
Civil Parish: Bournmoor
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Burnmoor
Church of England Diocese: Durham
BOURNMOOR LAMBTON PARK
NZ 35 SW
5/20 Nos. 1, 2 and 3
Bowes House Cottages
Terrace of 3 cottages. Circa 1875. Polychrome brick (buff with light-red
banding, diaperwork etc.); banded green and purple slate roof. Shallow H-plan.
Designed as a single symmetrical composition.
2-storey, 5-bay front flanked by slightly-projecting gabled cross-wings of
2 storeys plus attics. Openings under segmental heads. 3 boarded doors, on
recessed front, with 6-pane side lights under open wood porches with pent
roofs. Windows retain original glazing (4- and 6-pane side-hung casements,
some with 2- and 4-pane top lights). Central doorway flanked by 3-light
windows with gabled 2-light half-dormers above. Small 2-light windows above
porches. Each cross-wing has 3-light ground-floor window, 2-light window
above and small single-pane window in attic. Steeply-pitched roof has
overhanging eaves and verges with plain bargeboards. 4 ridge chimneys with
triple conjoined stacks and dentilled projecting tops with stone bands.
Listing NGR: NZ3066952417
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings