This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1189 / 50°7'8"N
Longitude: -5.1612 / 5°9'40"W
OS Eastings: 174116
OS Northings: 29102
OS Grid: SW741291
Mapcode National: GBR Z7.LPC7
Mapcode Global: FRA 082P.WMP
Entry Name: Mount Pleasant Including Outbuildings and Wall Immediately to the North and North East
Listing Date: 17 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1158940
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66031
Location: Constantine, Cornwall, TR11
Civil Parish: Constantine
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Constantine
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 72 NW CONSTANTINE
8/45 Mount Pleasant including out
- buildings and wall immediately to
the north and north east
Farmhouse, outbuildings and farmyard wall. Circa 1830s with circa mid C19 stable-
cartshed and byre wings and early C20 piggery. Granite rubble dressed granite front
and whitewashed at the rear. Grouted scantle slate half-hipped roof. Scantle slate
hipped roof outbuildidngs, all with red clay ridge tiles. Red brick stacks over the
end walls of the house.
Plan: The plan of the original house has 2 principal rooms with an entrance cross-
passage between the 2 rooms, a shallow pantry behind the small parlour to the right;
the larger left hand room was probably the kitchen with a staircase boxed in against
the back wall. The kitchen is now in the rear wing which was added in circa mid C19
behind the right hand room. The wing contained a stable and cartshed with an open
end at the back and a hay loft above. Probably also in the mid C19 a single storey
byre was added to the left side of the house and in the early C20 a piggery was
built on the rear north east side of the yard at the back of the house.
Exterior: The house is 2 storeys with a symmetrical 3-window front of small circa
late C19 4-pane sashes with granite lintels and cills and a central doorway with a 4-
panel moulded door and a small C20 gabled brick porch. To the left the back wall of
the single storey byre which has a low hipped roof and a fixed 4-pane window. The
front of the byre facing the yard has a plank door to the left and a wide doorway to
The rear elevation of the house has an early C19 16-pane first floor sash and the
rear wing has a C19 horizontally sliding sash with glazing bars on the inside wall
next to the rear doorway and a flight of stone steps up to the loft doorway which has
a boarded door. The end of the rear wing is open with a cart shed on the ground
floor and a corrugated iron-clad loft above.
Interior: The right hand room has a pretty Victorian cast iron chimney-piece with a
cambered arch with a keyblock and decorated with roses and cherries. The left hand
room has a C20 chimney-piece in place of the old range; the staircase is boxed in at
the back of the room.
Including the detached piggery to the north east facing the farmyard; it is a long
rectangular building with agrouted scantle slate roof with red clay ridge tiles. It
has 5 doorways facing the yard, the right hand doorway is to the feeding passage
which runs along the back inside.
Also including the adjoining rear farmyard wall which fronts the road; it is
whitewashed granite rubble and has a pair of square section granite gate-piers to the
Listing NGR: SW7411629102
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings