This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.225 / 50°13'29"N
Longitude: -5.035 / 5°2'6"W
OS Eastings: 183611
OS Northings: 40514
OS Grid: SW836405
Mapcode National: GBR ZH.9SQV
Mapcode Global: FRA 08BF.J8D
Entry Name: Roundwood Farmhouse
Listing Date: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159170
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63303
Location: Feock, Cornwall, TR3
Civil Parish: Feock
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Feock
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 84 SW FEOCK
2/15 Roundwood Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Circa early C19 to an archaic design or remodelled from earlier house.
For R.A. Daniell. Painted slatestone rubble walls. Tiled roof with brick chimneys
over gable ends and external stone lateral stack to front.
3-room through passage plan plus C20 1-room addition to each end, the centre room
heated from front lateral stack, and the end rooms heated from gable ends stacks.
2 storeys. Excluding C20 flat roofed bay at each end; east front, overlooking
Cowlands Creek, has 4 windows to first floor directly over ground floor openings.
Original doorway in second from left opening has C20 bowed porch with curved panes to
sidelights. Lateral stack is between third and fourth windows. First floor windows
are early C19 tripartite casements with central 12-pane side opening lights and 4-
paned sidelights. All with mostly original crown glass. Ground floor windows are
later 12-pane 2-light casements.
Interior is simple with early C19 4-panel doors surviving to first floor rooms.
A reference to this house in The West Briton of 31st July, 1818 reads:
"At invitation of R.A. Daniell a numerous party of ladies and gents of Truro to dine
at the beautiful cottage lately erected by him at Roundwood...".
It is said that Thomas Daniell who remodelled Trelissick House circa 1825, lost
Trelissick to Lord Falmouth by gambling and then came to live at Roundwood. It is
certainly recorded that Trelissick Estate was sold to Lord Falmouth in 1832, but
Daniell emigrated in 1832, the same year that the house, quay and 9 acres of land
were advertised to let by Lord Falmouth in the West Briton.
West Briton information from 'Roundwood Quay on the Fal' by R.C. Curtis.
Listing NGR: SW8361140514
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings