This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.2121 / 50°12'43"N
Longitude: -5.0669 / 5°4'0"W
OS Eastings: 181278
OS Northings: 39178
OS Grid: SW812391
Mapcode National: GBR ZD.PQ6F
Mapcode Global: FRA 088G.HV0
Entry Name: Penpol Farmhouse
Listing Date: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159307
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63339
Location: Feock, Cornwall, TR3
Civil Parish: Feock
Built-Up Area: Penpol
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Devoran
Church of England Diocese: Truro
In the entry for:-
SW 83 NW
4/64 Penpol Farmhouse
The description shall be amended to read:-
Farmhouse. 1753 (dated from bill of sale), much C19 and C20 modification. Ren-
dered and painted stone walls; hipped Delabole slate roof with one brick
and one rendered chimney to gable ends; scantle slate roof over rear outshut.
Plan: formerly 2 principal rooms with central entrance hall and archway
to stair contained in integral outshut with service rooms. Right hall partition
now removed and archway blocked; right room extended into outshut, part
Two storeys: symmetrical 5 window south front: horned sashes to first
floor, late C20 aluminium sash ground floor. Wide central doorway with
2-panel top-glazed door.
Interior: original floors, some 2-panel doors with HL hinges to first floor.
Stair with square newels and moulded handrail, all painted; balustrade enclosed.
Remains of C19 moulded plaster arch with fluted pilaster jambs at stair
foot, blocked and concealed on hall side. Roof completely rebuilt c 1925,
reslated late C20.
SW 83 NW
4/64 Penpol Farmhouse
Farmhouse. 1753 (dated from bill of sale). Rendered and painted stone rubble walls.
Hipped dry Delabole slate roof with rendered brick chimneys over side walls and
scantle slate roof over rear outshut.
Plan: 2 principal rooms, one on either side of central entrance hall leading to stair
hall between integral outshut which contains service room on either side.
2 storeys. Symmetrical 5-window south front. All All circa 1900 or later horned
sashes. Wide central doorway with 2-panel top-glazed door.
Interior has original floors, partitions and several 2-panel doors, some with HL
hinges to first floor. Stair has original handrail and moulded newel caps.
Balusters removed or hidden but stairs may be reconstructed. Circa early C19 moulded
plaster arch between stair-well and passage with fluted pilaster jambs.
Roof structure not inspected but said to be partly renewed.
Listing NGR: SW8127839178
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings