This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.5611 / 54°33'39"N
Longitude: -1.1576 / 1°9'27"W
OS Eastings: 454571
OS Northings: 518752
OS Grid: NZ545187
Mapcode National: GBR NHCP.5R
Mapcode Global: WHD71.6M08
Entry Name: Evans Monument, 210 Metres West of Church of St Helen
Listing Date: 29 April 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159328
English Heritage Legacy ID: 60248
Location: Redcar and Cleveland, TS6
County: Redcar and Cleveland
Electoral Ward/Division: Teesville
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Middlesbrough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Eston Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: York
NZ 51 NW
(NZ 545 187)
west side (off)
Evans monument, 210m west of Church of St. Helen
Monument to Jane and David Evans, died 1902 and 1905. Marble Ionic column
on plain square pedestal and base, flanked by benches with curved ends.
Column has husk garlands under capital, and relief carving of mourning
female figure on shaft. Moulded coping to back-rests of benches,
terminating in draped scrolled consoles on square shafts. Epitaph on
pedestal and base.
Listing NGR: NZ5457118752
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings