History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Tregoose Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Feock, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.2124 / 50°12'44"N

Longitude: -5.0752 / 5°4'30"W

OS Eastings: 180686

OS Northings: 39230

OS Grid: SW806392

Mapcode National: GBR ZD.PN0W

Mapcode Global: FRA 088G.DL7

Entry Name: Tregoose Farmhouse

Listing Date: 12 March 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1159329

English Heritage Legacy ID: 63344

Location: Feock, Cornwall, TR3

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Feock

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Devoran

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Feock

Listing Text

SW 83 NW FEOCK POINT ROAD

4/69 Tregoose Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse. C18 and extended C20 to east. Painted stone rubble and cobs walls,
rendered front. Half-hipped wheat reed thatched roof with brick chimneys over
original side walls.
Double depth plan, originally with principal room on either side of central through
passage (now 1 room) and shallow service room on either side at rear with large
hearth to left-hand side. Stair turret or fuel store projecting at rear of left-hand
room. C20 1-room extension at right (east) end.
2 storeys. Nearly symmetrical 3-window south front with C20 iron casements plus 1-
window C20 front. Doorway slightly off-centre to left with top-glazed 4-panel door.
C20 addition to right with hipped roof dormer. Rear (north) wall and west wall
retain good stone and cob texture.
Interior has some original moulded ceiling beams and some 2-panel doors to first
floor. Later stair. Large internal chimney breasts. West front room originally
had 2 hearths fireplace in rear room has large oven. Original pine roof structure
with lapped and pegged collars.
Tregoose is mentioned in Lay Subsidy Rolls of 1327, and is shown on Martin's map of
1748. In 1851 the farmer exhibited corn at the Great Exhibition. (CRO).
Historical information from owner.


Listing NGR: SW8068639230

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.