This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.1185 / 50°7'6"N
Longitude: -5.1746 / 5°10'28"W
OS Eastings: 173157
OS Northings: 29096
OS Grid: SW731290
Mapcode National: GBR Z6.8RTN
Mapcode Global: FRA 081P.XK9
Entry Name: Former Stables Approximately 15 Metres South of the Queens Arms Public House
Listing Date: 17 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159389
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66077
Location: Constantine, Cornwall, TR11
Civil Parish: Constantine
Built-Up Area: Constantine
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Constantine
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 72 NW CONSTANTINE CHURCH SQUARE, Constantine
8/91 Former stables approximately 15
- metres south of the Queens Arms
Stables now used as store. Probably C18 extended in C19. Threshold of doorway dated
179-(AD?). Granite rubble with dressed granite doorframe. Corrugated iron roof with
gable ends. North end wall of the original building (now internal wall) is partly
Plan: Rectangular plan with doorway at the centre of the front and external stairs
at the rear of the right hand end, up to the hay loft. Probably in the C19 the gap
between the cottage to the left (north) was infilled with an extension which may have
been a cartshed.
Exterior: 2 storeys. The original building to the right was symmetrical with a
central doorway with unchamfered granite lintel and jambs and a C20 plank door.
Small rectangular ground floor openings to left and right with probably C19 window
frames. First floor left a ventilation slit, and first floor right a window now
covered in ivy. The later, probably C19 addition to the left (north) projects and
has a large C20 sliding door to the left.
In the right hand (south) gable end a loft window. At the back (east) a flight of
granite steps to the left up to the loft doorway.
Interior: Cobbled granite floor with drain. First floor and roof replaced in C20.
There are no partitions in the original part.
Listing NGR: SW7315429097
Other nearby listed buildings