History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Moor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Lane End, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6109 / 51°36'39"N

Longitude: -0.8378 / 0°50'16"W

OS Eastings: 480570

OS Northings: 190864

OS Grid: SU805908

Mapcode National: GBR C3W.YTJ

Mapcode Global: VHDW3.FRFZ

Entry Name: The Moor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 21 June 1955

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1159664

English Heritage Legacy ID: 46698

Location: Lane End, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP14

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe

Civil Parish: Lane End

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Hambleden with Frieth

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Turville

Listing Text

SU 89 SW FINGEST AND LANE END MOOR COMMON

4/48 The Moor Farmhouse
21.6.55

GV II


House. C17 range along garden front to S.W., with C18 block at right
end; c.1700 block to N.E. of C17 range, the remainder of entrance front
altered 1928 for Frederick Cripps. C17 range is refronted in brick,
the right bay in flint and brick, with traces of main timber uprights.
Old tile roof, rebuilt central brick chimney with attached shafts. 2 storeys,
4 bays. C20 leaded casements, those to ground floor left rectangular bay
windows. C20 conservatory infront of right bays with leaded glazing and
flat roof. C18 block projecting at right end is of flint with narrow
brick dressings, tiled roof and flanking brick chimneys. 2 storeys, 2 bays
of C20 leaded casements; blocked vent slits to gable. Circa 1700 block
to front is of flint with tuck pointed brick dressings, old tile roof
and flanking brick chimneys. 2 storeys and attic, 5 bays. Off-set plinth,
first floor band course, wooden modillion eaves cornice; brick quoins
and vertical strips flanking windows. C20 paired leaded casements with
gauged heads. 3 gabled dormers. Brick gable ends. Set back to right is a
later brick porch with 6-panelled door, semi-circular wrought iron fanlight,
and C18 wooden doorcase. Doorcase has reeded reveals and open modillion
pediment on Tuscan columns with triglyph entablature blocks and moulded stone
bases. 1928 extensions to left are also of flint and brick with parapets,
C20 leaded windows and 6-panelled door with flat wooden cornice hood on
carved consoles. Rainwater heads dated FVC 1928. Interior: timber framing
in C17 wing, the N. bay with heavy longitudinal floor joists, the
adjacent bay with stop-chamfered joists; central fireplace of C17 range and
left fireplace of c.1700 block have bolection surrounds.
RCHM I p. 168-169 Mon. 2 (part)


Listing NGR: SU8057090864

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.