This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7244 / 51°43'27"N
Longitude: -0.8324 / 0°49'56"W
OS Eastings: 480742
OS Northings: 203502
OS Grid: SP807035
Mapcode National: GBR D3W.SF8
Mapcode Global: VHDVJ.JX8F
Entry Name: Market House
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Last Amended: 26 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159718
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46460
Location: Princes Risborough, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP27
Civil Parish: Princes Risborough
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Princes Risborough with Ilmer
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 8003 PRINCES RISBOROUGH MARKET SQUARE
9/189 Market House (formerly
listed as the Meeting Room)
Small market house.1824, the gift of John Grubb, restored 1867
and C20. Red brick, coved plaster eaves, hipped slate roof, timber
clock turret. Square 2-storey building, each side with 2 semi-
circular arches to ground floor and central leaded window to
room above. E. and W. windows have large single lights; smaller single
light cut up into coving to N.; paired casements to S. E., S., and W.
sides have C19 verandah with hipped slate roof on wooden posts. War
memorial on central S. pier, staircase on N. side. Central turret
has square panelled base with clock, moulded cornice, and arched
bell-cote above. Bell-cote has tented lead roof and weather vane.
Listing NGR: SP8074203502
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings