This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8778 / 51°52'40"N
Longitude: -0.5655 / 0°33'55"W
OS Eastings: 498840
OS Northings: 220885
OS Grid: SP988208
Mapcode National: GBR F3T.7TF
Mapcode Global: VHFRK.42W9
Entry Name: Church of St Giles
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Last Amended: 26 September 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159758
English Heritage Legacy ID: 36168
Location: Totternhoe, Central Bedfordshire, LU6
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Totternhoe
Built-Up Area: Totternhoe
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Totternhoe
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5125 TOTTERNHOE CHURCH ROAD
Church of St Giles
SP 92 SE 36/386 3.2.67
Mainly Tottenhoe stone with chequered ashlar and flint east chancel wall.
Battlemented. Chancel C14. Remainder late Perpendicular. Four bay arcades
with capital of east respond of north arcade bearing an angel with a shield
depicting an ash tree rising from a well, a symbol for Ashwell. Original nave
and aisle roofs with moulded purlins, carved beams and bosses. In chancel,
brass of John Warwekhyll, vicar (deceased 1524).
Listing NGR: SP9884020885
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings