This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1946 / 52°11'40"N
Longitude: -0.5081 / 0°30'29"W
OS Eastings: 502068
OS Northings: 256197
OS Grid: TL020561
Mapcode National: GBR G1B.BBY
Mapcode Global: VHFQ1.43QG
Entry Name: Woodlands
Listing Date: 27 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159833
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37038
Location: Milton Ernest, Bedford, MK44
Civil Parish: Milton Ernest
Built-Up Area: Milton Ernest
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Milton Ernest
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
Former vicarage, originally built 1694 (datestone and motto on north east
elevation) and extended 1836 to the south (datestone and motto on south east
gable). Coursed rubble limestone with some ashlar and brick dressings, some
brick walling and tile hanging. Welsh slate roofs with red brick neo-Tudor
chimney stacks. Complex rambling plan. Two storeys. Present main entrance
into C19 part through two storey porch with room over. Large external stack
on earlier part. Garden front has two gables and two storey bay window.
Windows generally are sashes with glazing bars under cambered heads. Brick
and limestone and slate roofed stables at rear.
Listing NGR: TL0206856197
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings