History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cores End Cottage cores End House

A Grade II* Listed Building in Wooburn, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5769 / 51°34'36"N

Longitude: -0.6966 / 0°41'47"W

OS Eastings: 490419

OS Northings: 187249

OS Grid: SU904872

Mapcode National: GBR D5Z.4PB

Mapcode Global: VHDWC.WM3J

Entry Name: Cores End Cottage cores End House

Listing Date: 21 June 1955

Last Amended: 8 January 1987

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1160086

English Heritage Legacy ID: 47052

Location: Wooburn, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, SL8

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe

Civil Parish: Wooburn

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Bourne End

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Bourne End

Listing Text

WOOBURN CORES END ROAD
SU 98 NW
6/169 Cores End House and
Cores End Cottage (formerly
listed as Cores End House)
21.6.55
- II*
House. Circa 1730 with rear wing of c.1800. Front range is of red
and vitreous brick, irregularly chequered, with old tile roof,
half-hipped to left. Brick chimneys with c.1800 cogged caps to right
and rear. Double pile, 2 storeys and attic, 5 bays. Gauged first
floor band with central dentil course, wooden eaves cornice with
shaped modillions. Boxed 3-pane sashes, all renewed C20, with gauged
brick heads and stone sills. Central first floor window is blind and
painted. 2 flat-roofed dormers with paired wooden casements and
dentil cornices. Central 6-panelled door with 4-pane rectangular
fanlight and wooden cornice hood on shaped scroll brackets. Rear has
central hipped stair turret with re-sited original sash window. Rear wing
is of brick with dentil eaves, hipped old tile roof and brick chimneys
with cogged caps. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Right side has original paired
leaded casements, those to ground floor with segmental heads and
panelled shutters. Small C20 diamond-shaped window between right bays.
Original 2-panelled door to left in wooden trellis porch. C20 flat-
roofed extension projects to right. Interior: all front rooms have
original panelling and boxed cornices; upper left room has fireplace
with shouldered wooden architrave surround, pulvinated frieze and
cornice; original staircase with column balusters, closed string,
moulded handrail and square newels.


Listing NGR: SU9041987249

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.