History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

2 Headstones at Approx 4m East of South East Corner of Chancel of All Hallows Church of Saint Kea

A Grade II Listed Building in Kea, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.2431 / 50°14'35"N

Longitude: -5.0724 / 5°4'20"W

OS Eastings: 181032

OS Northings: 42642

OS Grid: SW810426

Mapcode National: GBR ZD.MW6K

Mapcode Global: FRA 088D.1QG

Entry Name: 2 Headstones at Approx 4m East of South East Corner of Chancel of All Hallows Church of Saint Kea

Listing Date: 12 March 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1160158

English Heritage Legacy ID: 63442

Location: Kea, Cornwall, TR3

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Kea

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: St Kea

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Kea

Listing Text

SW 84 SW KEA KEA

2/158 2 Headstones at approx 4m east of
south east corner of chancel of All
Hallows Church of Saint Kea

GV II


2 headstones. South stone, 1813, to Fardenando, Husband of Ann Behenna, by Eddy of
Truro and north stone, 1849, to Nancy Behenna, wife of Michael Williams.
South stone is thin nowy-headed slate with incised inscription of fat face lettering:
Sacred to the Memory of Fardenando Husband of Ann Behenna who departed this Life
March 5, 1813. Aged 17 years.
North stone of freestone has dished basket-arched head with squat urn over chest
within tympanum. Inscription below in incised block lettering to:
Nancy Behenna, The Beloved Wife of Michael Williams of London and Daughter of
Ferdenando and Alice Williams of Goodern, -d. April 20th 1849 aged 30.
The present church, of 1896, replaces a church of 1802 designed by James Wyatt, and
the churchyard dates from then. Very few tomb monuments survive at the earlier
church at Old Kea; so the earlier C19 churchyard monuments in this churchyard, though
modest architecturally, are historically important for this parish.


Listing NGR: SW8103242642

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.