This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1827 / 50°10'57"N
Longitude: -5.4157 / 5°24'56"W
OS Eastings: 156247
OS Northings: 36997
OS Grid: SW562369
Mapcode National: GBR FX06.82V
Mapcode Global: VH12N.2NRS
Entry Name: The Beeches
Listing Date: 14 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160443
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70264
Location: Hayle, Cornwall, TR27
Civil Parish: Hayle
Built-Up Area: Hayle
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Hayle
Church of England Diocese: Truro
HAYLE ST GEORGES ROAD, Hayle
SW 53 NE
4/157 No 22 (The Beeches)
House. Circa 1850's. Stuccoed walls. Hipped grouted scantle slate roof with
projecting eaves. Brick chimneys over the side walls. Cast-iron ogee gutters.
Plan: Overall irregular 'L'-shaped plan: 2 reception rooms in the garden front;
axial entrance hall behind the left-hand room leading to stair hall; 1-room
plan wing (with pedimented gable) projecting on the left behind a later C19 entrance porch; deep service wing at right angles to rear behind entrance hall and stair hall and large later C19 conservatory at the right of the garden
front. Classical style details.
Exterior: 2-storeys. Symmetrical 3 window north garden front has: plinth, clasping 2-tier corner pilasters fluted to lower half of first tier, moulded architraves to ground floor openings with moulded hoods over (segmental
pediment over central window); first floor sill band with brackets under and eared architraves to windows above. Original 12-pane hornless sashes. On the right of the garden front is a fine C19 conservatory with central canted bay. Transomed lights with 16-pane fixed lights and overlights with coloured glass. The roof has a full length lantern ridge with coloured glass to the sides.
East entrance front has recessed entrance with brackets resembling
machicolations over. Original panelled door and overlight. In front of the doorway is a C19 entrance porch with panelled plinth and transomed lights. Projecting on the left of the entrance is a 2-storey pedimented gable end. Plinth and strings form a simple ground floor classical order with more
complex first floor order surmounted by entablature with brackets to the
cornice. The lower cornice of the pediment is round-arched to the middle and
the cornice returns as a parapet cornice to either side. C20 windows to
possibly altered openings.
Interior: Not inspected.
Listing NGR: SW5624736996
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings