This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0576 / 52°3'27"N
Longitude: -0.8517 / 0°51'6"W
OS Eastings: 478825
OS Northings: 240537
OS Grid: SP788405
Mapcode National: GBR BYG.TR0
Mapcode Global: VHDSZ.6J2Z
Entry Name: Masonic Hall
Listing Date: 28 October 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160451
English Heritage Legacy ID: 45618
Location: Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK11
County: Milton Keynes
Civil Parish: Stony Stratford
Built-Up Area: Milton Keynes
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Stony Stratford St Mary and Giles
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5135 NEW STREET
SP 7840 1/207
Built 1863-4 by Rev. W. T. Sankey as a Parish Hall and Church Infants' School.
2 storeys. Brick with stone dressings and plinth cap. High tiled roof gable
end to street. Overlapping brick courses at eaves form a pediment in gable. Moulded
brick string course over ground floor. Traceried windows in gable end, with 4
narrow lights below to south-east, and 2 cusp headed windows below to north-west.
South-west front has recent entrance near corner and 2 buttresses and a catslide
roof to left. 3 light cusped window with transom. North-east side has 4 buttresses
and an octagonal turret to the right. Roof has long blind tile fronted dormers
on each side.
Nos 3 to 17 (odd) the Massonic Hall, Nos 2 to 24 (even) and the stable building
adjacent to No 2 form a group.
Listing NGR: SP7882540537
Other nearby listed buildings