This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.645 / 51°38'41"N
Longitude: -0.8015 / 0°48'5"W
OS Eastings: 483027
OS Northings: 194698
OS Grid: SU830946
Mapcode National: GBR D4W.VK0
Mapcode Global: VHDVY.2X5B
Entry Name: The Dower House
Listing Date: 9 January 1954
Last Amended: 28 June 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160483
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46143
Location: West Wycombe, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP14
Civil Parish: West Wycombe
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: West Wycombe
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
The Dower House
(Formerly listed as
SU 8394 9/4 9.1.54.
Later C18, circa 1763. Flint rubble with raised flint quoins and window
dressings. Symmetrical arrangement of 2 storey and attic central block
with pedimented tetrastyle Greek Ionic portico to east front ground floor.
4 windows, ground floor sashes, 1st floor casements, under lintels. Attic
box dormer casements with glazing bars. Slightly recessed 1 storey and
attic wings with pedimented roofs. Each has 1 sash to east in flush arched
panel; side return elevation central window in similar arch, 2 flanking
semi-circular arched niches. Welsh slate roofs, nipped in centre with
circular stack at apex.
Later extensions on west.
Listing NGR: SU8302794698
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings