This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5714 / 54°34'16"N
Longitude: -1.0962 / 1°5'46"W
OS Eastings: 458528
OS Northings: 519949
OS Grid: NZ585199
Mapcode National: GBR NHSL.G2
Mapcode Global: WHF86.4C8B
Entry Name: The Cottage Stable Coach House and Coach House Circa 14 Metres East of Wilton Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 April 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160552
English Heritage Legacy ID: 60380
Location: Redcar and Cleveland, TS10
County: Redcar and Cleveland
Electoral Ward/Division: Eston
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Wilton St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: York
NZ 51 NE
7/114 The Cottage, stable and
coach house, c.14m east of
Stable and coach house, c.1846, with slightly later cottage adjoining south
end. Chevron-tooled dressed sandstone. Welsh slate roofs with stone ridge
copings. 2 storeys. West side of stable/coach house has boarded double
doors under timber lintel, at left end. Stable door at right flanked by
windows holding horizontal sashes with glazing bars, end hopper lights in
upper parts. 3 first-floor windows: horizontal sash with glazing bars at
left, hit-and-miss in middle and mid C20 casement at right. Hipped roof.
Higher one-window cottage has left doorway with mid C20 door up 2 steps.
16-pane sash windows. 2-window right return, has boarded door.
Single-storey monopitch rear wing. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: NZ5852819949
Other nearby listed buildings