This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8673 / 53°52'2"N
Longitude: -0.3422 / 0°20'31"W
OS Eastings: 509110
OS Northings: 442505
OS Grid: TA091425
Mapcode National: GBR VR1Q.QF
Mapcode Global: WHGF5.Q282
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 7 February 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160744
English Heritage Legacy ID: 164525
Location: Routh, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU17
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Routh
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Routh All Saints
Church of England Diocese: York
ROUTH A 1035
TA 04 SE
(south side, off)
8/53 Church of All Saints
Church. C14 nave, C14 chancel, C16 - early C17 south porch, west tower of
1904: extensively restored by Brodick, Lowther and Walker in 1904. Ashlar,
with brick to south porch, pebbledashed to porch and chancel, flat tile
roof. West tower of 3 stages, 3-bay nave with south porch, 2-bay chancel.
West tower: diagonal buttresses. Quatrefoil to ringing chamber, 2 square-
headed cinquefoil lights to belfry, crenellated parapet with 8 crocketed
pinnacles. 2-light square-headed west window with Perpendicular tracery;
clock. Nave: two 2-light pointed windows with early C20 curvilinear
tracery. South door: segmental head on plain reveals. South porch: double
hollow chamfered segmental-headed door, lancets to north and to south.
North elevation: lancet to west, pointed north door with continuous hollow
chamfer. Chancel: two 2-light windows with curvilinear tracery; pointed
priests' door with continuous chamfer. Coped gables with cross finials to
nave and chancel. Pointed east window of 3 lights with reticulated tracery
under hoodmould with face-mask stops. Interior: chancel has in south-east
corner an early C15 brass to Sir John and Lady Agnes Routh: 2 figures in prayer
under a double canopy of crocketed ogees. In north-east corner the damaged
early C14 effigy of a knight with crossed legs. Early C18 pulpit with
raised and fielded bolection-moulded panels.
Listing NGR: TA0911042505
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.