This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1631 / 50°9'47"N
Longitude: -5.0703 / 5°4'13"W
OS Eastings: 180811
OS Northings: 33740
OS Grid: SW808337
Mapcode National: GBR ZD.SWV5
Mapcode Global: FRA 088L.8JC
Entry Name: Ferry Quay and Walling Along Waterfront to North and South
Listing Date: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160767
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63560
Location: Mylor, Cornwall, TR11
Civil Parish: Mylor
Built-Up Area: Flushing
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Flushing
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 83 SW MYLOR TREFUSIS ROAD, (west side),
6/282 Ferry Quay and walling along
waterfront to north and south
Quay and waterfront walling. Circa C17-C18. Probably built for Francis or Samuel
Trefusis. Vertically-set slightly battered dry shale walling with iron stapled
dressed granite copings and dressed granite steps.
Rectangular quay projecting westward into Penryn River and adjoining walling to north
and south. Flights of granite steps within recesses at intervals.
Francis Trefusis died 1680, and his son Samuel, built quays at Flushing, and both
were elected as Members of Parliament for Penryn. It is thought that Dutch engineers
may have been employed for the earlier quays of this type.
Listing NGR: SW8081133740
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings