This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8399 / 53°50'23"N
Longitude: -0.426 / 0°25'33"W
OS Eastings: 503668
OS Northings: 439329
OS Grid: TA036393
Mapcode National: GBR TSG1.K7
Mapcode Global: WHGF4.FRD4
Entry Name: 38, Highgate
Listing Date: 1 March 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161147
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167200
Location: Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU17
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Beverley
Built-Up Area: Beverley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Beverley Minster St John and St Martin
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 0339 (west side)
Early C18, perhaps altered by J Robinson circa 1740. 2 storeys and attics in
red brick with pantile roof with tumbled brickwork to gable end. 3 pedimented
dormers with sliding sashes. Modillion brick eaves cornice. 5 windows,
original glazing, gauged brick heads, as to doorway. 1st floor brick cill band
with thin stone cope. Perhaps somewhat later wing of 2 storeys and 1 window
width repeats the detail of the main building with slight differences only.
Staircase has closed string, plain newels, simply moulded handrail, and turned
balusters. One ground floor room has niche cupboard with shaped shelves: window
seats: cellar door with two fielded panels. This unspoilt building faces the
Minister over an open space. Formerly the Blue Coat School.
Listing NGR: TA0366839329
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings