This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1821 / 52°10'55"N
Longitude: 0.0596 / 0°3'34"E
OS Eastings: 540909
OS Northings: 255761
OS Grid: TL409557
Mapcode National: GBR L7L.3W7
Mapcode Global: VHHK7.ZFC1
Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 31 August 1962
Last Amended: 31 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161183
English Heritage Legacy ID: 51634
Location: Barton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB23
District: South Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Barton
Built-Up Area: Barton
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Barton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 4055 BARTON SCHOOL LANE
(formerly listed as
House. Early C17. Timber-framed and roughcast rendered with tiled roof and
bargeboarding to crosswing gable end with shaped pendants to apices.
Original red brick stack, internal, with four grouped shafts. Side stack to
east crosswing. Double-ended hall-house, with entry in hall range to lobby
entry. One window to each of two storeys in hall range. Crosswings are-
jettied and each has two similar modern three-light casements at first and
ground storeys. At the front and adjoining the house are two garden walls.
Late C17. Red brick on plinth with gabled coping and sawtooth cornice.
Interior: inspection of the roof may reveal earlier origins of an open
hall. There is a fine contemporary plaster ceiling in a ground floor room of
the west crosswing. Moulded ribs in geometric pattern enriched with
fleur-de-lis and roses. In two bays divided by a plaster main beam similarly
decorated. A first floor room retains an original clunch fireplace with four
centred arch in square head. The spandrels with cusped tracery. on a moated
R.C.H.M. West Cambs., mon.(2)Plates 47 and 85.
Listing NGR: TL4090955761
Other nearby listed buildings