History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Vogue Beloth Methodist Church with Forecourt Walls and Railings

A Grade II* Listed Building in Redruth, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.2451 / 50°14'42"N

Longitude: -5.2594 / 5°15'33"W

OS Eastings: 167711

OS Northings: 43426

OS Grid: SW677434

Mapcode National: GBR Z2.1MHV

Mapcode Global: VH12J.S3FG

Entry Name: Vogue Beloth Methodist Church with Forecourt Walls and Railings

Listing Date: 12 September 1989

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1161246

English Heritage Legacy ID: 66765

Location: Illogan, Cornwall, TR16

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Illogan

Built-Up Area: Redruth

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Saint Illogan

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Illogan

Listing Text

ILLOGAN VOGUE BELOTH
SW 64 SE
(south side)
5/209
Vogue Beloth Methodist Church
with forecourt walls and railings

GV II
Wesleyan chapel, now Methodist Church. Dated 1866 in gable. Killas rubble
brought to courses, with granite dressings, slate roof. Rectangular plan on north-
south axis, 2x3 bays, gable to road. Two storeys; the symmetrical 2-bay gabled
facade has a large round-headed doorway in the centre with quoined jambs, large
stepped voussoirs and raised keystone, double doors with round-headed panels, and
fanlight with radiating glazing bars; flanking the doorway are very tall round-
headed sashed windows with radiating glazing bars and surrounds which match the
doorway; the gable, above a hollow-moulded cornice, contains a large panel with
concave corners and raised lettering:-
WESLEYAN CHAPEL
1866
The 3-bay side walls have 12-pane sashed windows on both floors; the rear has a
short extension on a lower level. Interior: not inspected, but understood to have a
horseshoe gallery with panelled front, and a choir gallery at the rear. The
forecourt gates and railings have 4 short square granite piers, the central pair
carrying a semicircular hooped wrought-iron lamp-support with twists in the sides
and scrolls flanking the vacant lamp-holder, and spear-headed gates and railings,
with dog-bars in the gates; the path from the gateway to the door has pebble
paving with a wheel pattern and lettering.


Listing NGR: SW6771143426

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.