This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1136 / 50°6'48"N
Longitude: -5.3065 / 5°18'23"W
OS Eastings: 163700
OS Northings: 28961
OS Grid: SW637289
Mapcode National: GBR FX8C.XS8
Mapcode Global: VH132.ZD0R
Entry Name: The Rectorial Glebe Farmhouse
Listing Date: 10 July 1957
Last Amended: 26 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161298
English Heritage Legacy ID: 65977
Location: Sithney, Cornwall, TR13
Civil Parish: Sithney
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Sithney
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 62 NW SITHNEY CHURCHTOWN, Sithney
7/302 The Rectorial Glebe Farmhouse
- (formerly listed as Glebe
Former rectory, now a farmhouse. C17, extended in the C18 and C19. Coursed shale front with granite quoins, slate sills and shallow brick arches over the openings. Asbestos slate roofs with brick chimneys over the gable ends; the roof sweeps lower at the rear over shallow outshuts.
Plan : overall L-shaped, double-depth plan. Originally 2 rooms with parlour, left, and slighty larger hall, right, with cross passage between. The shallow outshut behind the parlour and the stair hall were probably added circa early-mid C18 to provide apple store over cellar and stair hall. Probably there was a kitchen behind the hall, but rebuilt circa early-mid C19 with large gable fireplace with service room within outshut on its left and with single storey room beyond. 2 storeys. Nearly symmetrical 5 window south front with the doorway central to the fenestration but all grouped slightly towards the left. C20 top-glazed door and circa early C19 16-pane hornless sashes all in their original slightly arched openings; there are 2 C20 buttresses: one buttress between the left hand and second from left windows and another buttress on the right of the right hand windows. In front of the right hand gable is a C17 moulded kneeler stone. The other windows are mostly 16-pane sashes; there are 2 18-pane 3-light casements to wider openings lighting the rear room.
Interior : C18 features : plaster ceiling in parlour with oval central moulding with carved oak leaves (possibly late C17); moulded plaster cornice to entrance; 6-panel doors to front room; open-well open-string stair with column-over-column turned balusters and moulded handrail over turned newels; large hall fireplace with timber lintel and large dressed granite stone oven and 2-panelled doors to the chambers Roof replaced C20, formerly containing attic rooms.
Listing NGR: SW6370028960
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings