This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.104 / 50°6'14"N
Longitude: -5.4197 / 5°25'10"W
OS Eastings: 155564
OS Northings: 28257
OS Grid: SW555282
Mapcode National: GBR FX0D.L8L
Mapcode Global: VH131.0NP4
Entry Name: Trenalls House and Old Farmhouse
Listing Date: 9 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161393
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70076
Location: St. Hilary, Cornwall, TR20
Civil Parish: St. Hilary
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Hilary
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST HILARY PRUSSIA COVE
SW 52 NE
3/172 Trenalls House and Old Farmhouse
2 adjoining houses. Small house probably C18, extended with house in 1906, designed
by Caldwell. Killas with granite dressings. The old house has a wheat reed thatched
roof sweeping lower over rear outshut and with large stage external rubble stack at
the left hand gable end; the 1906 house has a scantle slate mansard roof and dressed
Plan: C18 house (old farmhouse) has 2 rooms at the front with cross passage between
and 2 shallow service rooms within the rear outshut. The 1906 (Trenhalls House)
house adjoins on the right of the C18 house and has a large basement kitchen left
with large stair hall in tower behind and large former coach house or garage, right.
The reception rooms are on the first floor: 2 front rooms flanking a central entrance
hall approached by an L-plan flight of external steps at the front. A 3-storey
square tower behind the left hand side of the house has an external stair corridor on
its left linking the top floors.
Exterior : 2 storey and 3 storeys. Nearly symmetrical 2 window and 3 window south
west fronts with central doorways. The old house front, left, and the much taller
1906 house;right, with entrance to the first floor. The old house window openings
were probably altered in 1906 when fitted with leaded casements and a ledged and
partly leaded glazed door. The 1906 front is as built with round headed doorway with
ledged door, 3-light mullioned windows to the ground and first floor and 2-light
wooden casements to the 3 attic dormers.
Also unaltered to the other elevations.
Interior not inspected except for the unspoiled basement kitchen and stair hall
behind,which has a stair with pierced splat balusters.
Listing NGR: SW5556428257
Other nearby listed buildings