History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

6 and 8, Norfolk Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Wimblington, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5099 / 52°30'35"N

Longitude: 0.084 / 0°5'2"E

OS Eastings: 541532

OS Northings: 292265

OS Grid: TL415922

Mapcode National: GBR L3K.Q2F

Mapcode Global: VHHHQ.D5SQ

Entry Name: 6 and 8, Norfolk Street

Listing Date: 15 February 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1161430

English Heritage Legacy ID: 48510

Location: Wimblington, Fenland, Cambridgeshire, PE15

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland

Civil Parish: Wimblington

Built-Up Area: Wimblington

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Wimblington St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Doddington

Listing Text

In the entry for:
1. TL 49 SW WIMBLINGTON NORFOLK STREET
(EastSide)

2/20 Nos. 6 and 8

II


The 8th Sentence in the description should be amended from "Extension to No. 8
for butcher's shop in 1909" to "Extension to No. 6 for butcher's shop in 1909".

The last sentence in the description should be amended from "No. 6 was formerly
the Carpenter's Arms Public House" to "No. 8 was formerly the Carpenter's Arms
Public House".

------------------------------------

TL 49 SW WIMBLINGTON NORFOLK STREET
(East Side)

2/20 Nos. 6 & 8

II


Two cottages. Late C17, early C18. Painted local brick. Thatched roofs.
One storey and attics. Parapet gables, end stack to left hand, C20 ridge
stack, large local brick ridge stack. Four ground floor casement windows
include two with horizontal sliding sashes, one boarded door. Extension to
No. 8 for butcher's shop in 1909 has panelled door with rectangular fanlight
and shop windows. Four dormer windows include two with horizontal sliding
sashes. Attached weatherboarded outbuilding with corrugated iron roof to
south. No. 6 was formerly the Carpenters' Arms public house.


Listing NGR: TL4153292265

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.