This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7812 / 50°46'52"N
Longitude: -3 / 3°0'0"W
OS Eastings: 329592
OS Northings: 98430
OS Grid: SY295984
Mapcode National: GBR PG.J5L6
Mapcode Global: FRA 47L0.YWN
Entry Name: The Old Court House
Listing Date: 6 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161571
English Heritage Legacy ID: 87617
Location: Axminster, East Devon, Devon, EX13
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Axminster
Built-Up Area: Axminster
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Axminster St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SY 29 98 AXMINSTER CHURCH STREET
The Old Court House
Circa 1860. Coursed stone with freestone dressings and steeply pitched slate roof
with gabled ends. Two storeys. Five bays. Three asymmetrical gables, two with
bullseyes. Two-light wood mullion/transom windows with plain stone lintels under
relieving arches. Beneath main gable a moulded two-centred arch carriageway. Red
brick chimney stacks at gable ends.
Listing NGR: SY2959298430
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings