This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3295 / 52°19'46"N
Longitude: -0.1825 / 0°10'56"W
OS Eastings: 523952
OS Northings: 271710
OS Grid: TL239717
Mapcode National: GBR J2P.W4R
Mapcode Global: VHGLW.SQD2
Entry Name: Commemoration Hall
Listing Date: 10 January 1951
Last Amended: 27 May 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161692
English Heritage Legacy ID: 53571
Location: Huntingdon, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE29
Civil Parish: Huntingdon
Built-Up Area: Huntingdon
Traditional County: Huntingdonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Huntingdon St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Ely
Huntingdon HIGH STREET
5140 (South-West Side)
formerly listed as Literary and
TL 2371 2/25 10.1.51.
Former Literary and Scientific Institution, founded 1840, building opened 1843.
Architects Pocock and Glover. Plinth. 2 storeys, gault brick with stucco dressings.
Front in 3 bays, with Corinthian pilasters and entablature once surmounted by a
figure of Minerva, now gone. Sash windows with glazing bars in architrave surrounds.
Pedimented doorway with acroterion. Bracketed cornice, parapet, roof not visible.
Listing NGR: TL2395271710
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings