This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3238 / 52°19'25"N
Longitude: -0.0735 / 0°4'24"W
OS Eastings: 531390
OS Northings: 271264
OS Grid: TL313712
Mapcode National: GBR K4C.686
Mapcode Global: VHGLY.NVZH
Entry Name: National Westminster Bank
Listing Date: 4 September 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161769
English Heritage Legacy ID: 53483
Location: Saint Ives, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE27
Civil Parish: Saint Ives
Built-Up Area: St Ives
Traditional County: Huntingdonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: St Ives All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Ely
The following Building shall be added:-
TL 37 SW
602-0/1/150 No 2 (National
Bank. 1910-12 by Cheston and Perkins for the London County and
Westminster Bank; Saint and Son builder. English bond red brick.
Gable-ended roof concealed behind rendered parapet. Brick stacks at
gable ends with moulded stone caps. Plan: ground floor banking hall
with entrance on right and doorway on left to clerk's residence above.
Queen Anne-Neo Georgian style. 3 storeys. 4-bay front with moulded brick
banks and moulded brick dentil cornice with rendered fascia to parapet
above. Rusticated brick base, rubbed brick window arches and moulded
stone cills. First and second floor 12-pane sashes with original
louvred shutters, the first floor taller. 3 large 18-pane ground floor
sashes (bottom 3 panes now one). Doorway to right and left, the right
hand is main entrance with large semi-circular coved canopy on console
brackets and panelled pilasters; fielded panel double doors and
rectangular overlight. Narrow left hand doorway (to resident clerk's
accommodation above) with rubbed brick round arch above entablature
which cuts across base of arch and over moulded 6-fielded panel door.
Interior not inspected.
Note: Built as the London Country and Westminster Bank in 1910 when the
London and Westminster. Bank took over the London and Country Bank which
opened in St Ives in 1844.
Listing NGR: TL3145171233
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings