This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6803 / 50°40'48"N
Longitude: -4.3497 / 4°20'58"W
OS Eastings: 234090
OS Northings: 89366
OS Grid: SX340893
Mapcode National: GBR NL.6JJZ
Mapcode Global: FRA 17S8.TG9
Entry Name: Bridgetown Methodist Chapel, Hall, Garage and Wall to Front
Listing Date: 11 January 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161889
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68183
Location: Werrington, Cornwall, PL15
Civil Parish: Werrington
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Werrington
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 38 NW
9/294 Bridgetown Methodist Chapel, hall,
- garage and wall to front
Methodist chapel, originally Siloam Bible Christian Chapel, adjoining church hall,
garage and front walls. 1862 (datestone). Stone rubble with yellow brick dressings.
The chapel is hung with rag slates on the left hand side and rear elevation.
Plan: Rectangular plan chapel with entrance in gable end which faces the road. The
rostrum is on the long right hand side of the chapel and the seating is tiered to
face the rostrum. There is a church hall of rectangular plan which is attached on
the front left and a double garage to front right, also of rectangular plan.
Exterior: Chapel with gable end to front. Single storey with small C19 gabled porch
with plank doors in entrance on right and left hand side. Datestone above 'Siloam
Bible Christian Chapel 1862'. Pendant finial to barge boards. The left hand side
and rear elevations are hung with rag slates and the right and left hand side each
have two C19 round headed windows with radiating glazing bars with similar windows in
rear. The hall to left has two similar windows on the front elevation which has
yellow brick dressings and the left hand side is set slightly back. The symmetrical
left hand gable end has two C19 round headed windows wih intersecting glazing bars
and a central blind niche above. The single storey double garage attached to the
front right of the chapel has sliding early to mid C20 plank doors. The wall to the
front of the chapel is of stone rubble with brick dressings and has simple granite
Interior: Chapel complete with raked C19 seating and rostrum. Lord's prayer on board
Listing NGR: SX3409089366
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings