This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1369 / 54°8'12"N
Longitude: -0.3439 / 0°20'37"W
OS Eastings: 508298
OS Northings: 472493
OS Grid: TA082724
Mapcode National: GBR VN1L.CS
Mapcode Global: WHGCT.P8GY
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 2 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1162177
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166809
Location: Burton Fleming, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO25
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Burton Fleming
Built-Up Area: Burton Fleming
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Burton Fleming St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 07 SE BURTON FLEMING FRONT STREET
4/37 The Manor House
Farmhouse. Late C16 or early C17, remodelled late C19. Rendered
coursed chalk rubble, stone dressings, brick stacks, concrete tile roof.
Central direct entry with C19 rear wing. 2 storeys. Rear elevation:
chamfered plinth and massive stone quoins. Two 3-light square-headed
windows with double chamfered surrounds and mullions, altered and
blocked, to ground floor. First floor has unaltered similar 2-light
window, also blocked. Sprocketed eaves, plain close verges. Axial and
end stack. The front and side elevations, which disguise the earlier
work, are not of special interest. Queen Henrietta Maria is known to
have stayed here on 5 March, 1643.
Listing NGR: TA0829872493
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings