This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.1139 / 54°6'49"N
Longitude: -0.1242 / 0°7'27"W
OS Eastings: 522716
OS Northings: 470292
OS Grid: TA227702
Mapcode National: GBR WNKW.X1
Mapcode Global: WHHF2.2V4M
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 11 January 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1162217
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166814
Location: Flamborough, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO15
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Flamborough
Built-Up Area: Flamborough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Flamborough St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 27 SW FLAMBOROUGH B1259
7/45 The Manor House
House. Early C18, refronted and remodelled early C19. Rendered chalk
rubble and brick with stone dressings, plinth, and rusticated quoins,
brick stacks. Central direct-entry plan with rear wing and outshut.
2 storeys, 5 bays, 2:1:2. 6-panelled bolection-moulded door and
rectangular fanlight with margin lights, in panelled reveals and soffit.
Doorcase with reeded pilasters, panelled frieze and shallow moulded
cornice. All windows 16-pane sashes, except 12-pane sash over door,
with stone sills and channelled wedge lintels. Hipped roof. Interior
contains 2 corner fireplaces and early C19 open string stair with
scrolled tread-ends, square section balusters, and moulded handrail.
Room to right of entrance hall has fine re-used fireplace of c1750 with
eared architrave, frieze carved with shell and acanthus motifs in high
relief, and moulded cornice. The rear wall is of massive chalk rubble
and may represent part of an older building on the same site.
Listing NGR: TA2271670292
Other nearby listed buildings