This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.6916 / 53°41'29"N
Longitude: -1.0281 / 1°1'41"W
OS Eastings: 464273
OS Northings: 422124
OS Grid: SE642221
Mapcode National: GBR PT8R.6D
Mapcode Global: WHFDH.5GPS
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 23 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1162291
English Heritage Legacy ID: 164941
Location: Snaith and Cowick, East Riding of Yorkshire, DN14
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Snaith and Cowick
Built-Up Area: Snaith
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Great Snaith
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
SNAITH AND COWICK SELBY ROAD
12/80 No 15/17 (The Manor
House, now house and shop. c1800 with later alterations and rear addition.
Grey brick in English bond; pantile roof. 2-room central entrance-hall plan
with single-room wing to rear. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Stucco plinth. Central
bay breaks forward with full-height round-arched panel containing pair of
entrances: steps to C20 panelled door to right and half-glazed door to left,
beneath plain overlights in reveals with painted brick flat arches. Pair of
plate-glass shop windows with blind boxes to left beneath frieze. Original
slightly-recessed unequal 20-pane sash to right with sill and painted brick
flat arch. First floor: similar 20-pane sashes to side bays, central oculus
with radial glazing bars in painted surround beneath painted brick arch.
Plain C20 wooden eaves board. End stack to right. Interior: moulded
cornice to ground floor left, fielded-panel doors; not fully investigated.
Listing NGR: SE6427322124
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings