This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1164 / 54°6'59"N
Longitude: -0.0825 / 0°4'57"W
OS Eastings: 525432
OS Northings: 470648
OS Grid: TA254706
Mapcode National: GBR WNVV.X4
Mapcode Global: WHHF2.PSXN
Entry Name: Keepers' House and Offices Adjoining Lighthouse
Listing Date: 2 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1162310
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166820
Location: Flamborough, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO15
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Flamborough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Flamborough St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 27 SE FLAMBOROUGH LIGHTHOUSE ROAD
(east end, off)
7/43 Keepers' house and
Lighthouse-keepers' house and offices. 1806. By John Matson of
Bridlington for Trinity House. Rendered brick with stone dressings.
Central direct entry, rear wing enclosing entrance to lighthouse.
2 storeys, 5 bays 2:1:2. Chamfered plinth. Double door with fanlight
over in plain surround, crest of Trinity House on plaque over. Ground
and first floor windows have 4-pane sashes with stone sills; first floor
has additional narrower windows between bays to light stair-wells.
Stepped cornice to flat roof, stacks with plinths and stepped cornices
to rear wall. Included partly for group considerations.
Listing NGR: TA2543270648
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.