This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.1193 / 50°7'9"N
Longitude: -5.2319 / 5°13'54"W
OS Eastings: 169060
OS Northings: 29364
OS Grid: SW690293
Mapcode National: GBR Z3.MNR5
Mapcode Global: VH134.88FC
Entry Name: Treloquithack Farmhouse
Listing Date: 10 July 1957
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1162446
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66346
Location: Gweek, Cornwall, TR13
Civil Parish: Gweek
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Wendron
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 62 NE WENDRON
7/359 Treloquithack Farmhouse
Farmhouse, including front garden walls and letter box. Probably C18 incorporating
fragments of C17 building possibly on same site. Granite ashlar and dressed granite
front. Fairly steep scantle slate roof with dressed granite chimneys over gable ends
and over cross wall towards left. Cast-iron ogee-section gutters.
Plan: Long single depth range plus C20 wing at right angles to rear towards left.
2-room-plan house in the middle with lobby entrance or cross passage between the
rooms; possibly integral 1-room-plan former cottage or bakehouse on the left and
adjoining C19 probably former coachhouse on the right.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Overall slightly irregular 4 window south front: Symmetrical 2
window front house in the middle with central doorway and old lean-to porch; 1-window
front former cottage on the left, with probably reused C17 chamfered doorway on it
right and on the right of the house is a 1-window front coach house with wide ground
floor doorway and small window above. House part has 6-panel door. Windows are
circa late C19 or C20 4-pane horned sashes in C18 openings.
Interior not inspected.
High rubble wall adjoins in front of the left-hand side of the front and is ramped
down to return parallel to the front. Adjoining the house is a blocked C17 chamfered
granite doorway with pyramid stops. Beside this doorway is a Victorian cast-iron
letterbox set into the wall.
Listing NGR: SW6906029364
Other nearby listed buildings