This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6566 / 51°39'23"N
Longitude: -0.6646 / 0°39'52"W
OS Eastings: 492473
OS Northings: 196155
OS Grid: SU924961
Mapcode National: GBR F6D.0SN
Mapcode Global: VHFSG.FMJF
Entry Name: Flint House and Gate Piers to Front
Listing Date: 17 March 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1162548
English Heritage Legacy ID: 44554
Location: Penn, Chiltern, Buckinghamshire, HP7
Civil Parish: Penn
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Penn Street
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
PENN PENN STREET
Flint House and
gate piers to front
SU 99 NW 1/60
1849 evidently built as a Parsonage and designed by Benjamin Ferrey, architect
of the nearby church. Two storeys, flint with stone dressings - first floor
string course, quoins, window and door openings, stacks. Gabled wing on right,
3-light casement on ground floor, 2-light above. Gabled porch in angle with
pointed arch. Three-light casement to left, with same above in gable. Stone
mullioned window, lower ones with shouldered heads. Upper with trefoil arches.
Upper window have iron casements. South elevation has a 3-light casement on
the ground floor with a 2-light one one side and a second above in a stone gable.
Similar windows on rear elevation, brick wing and lower brick coach house block.
Tiled roofs. Front gate piers built in local sarsen or greyweather stone and
flint with gabled limestone finials decorated with trefoils.
Listing NGR: SU9247396155
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings